The traditional Idrija Lace Festival takes place in Idrija every summer – in the month of June.
As an ethnological, economic, cultural, educational and entertaining event it grants Idrija a peculiar character, as the town literally breathes the lacemaking tradition during the festival.
During the Festival you can:
* participate in professional lectures,
* take part in lacemaking workshops,
* see exhibitions of domestic and foreign lace,
* taste the special local dishes of Idrija,
* join the state competition in lacemaking and
* relax with good music and entertainment in the late evenings.